Friday, November 17, 2006

Caricatures New York NY, introduction

Dale Gladstone ( www.DaleGladstone.com/CARICATURES ) is the best trade show, private party, picnic & corporate event caricaturist you'll ever hope to find in New York City or anywhere. His results & options are unparalelled, his prices are fair, his speed is hard to beat and his dependability is top rate. Dale Gladstone's caricatures can even be projected or displayed live with any kind of video system to create an unforgettable, entertaining spectacle the likes of which you've likely never seen. Dale Gladstone's caricature art draws a terrific crowd & is something they'll be talking about for the rest of their lives. If anyone needs extra copies of one of Dale's drawings, they can be made available instantly. Group drawings of practically any number can be composed in surprisingly short order. At the end of the event, you can even have copies of all the caricature drawings Dale did for you on a CD-Rom. Contact Dale Gladstone for prices, options, lots of samples, info, even video about the best caricatures in the world. This is my first ever blogger entry. It'll get better, I promise.

I usually draw caricatures on my "tablet laptop PC" & print the 8.5"x11" glossy caricature drawings on my portable bubble jet photo printer. As far as I know, I'm the first party caricaturist in the New York area (the whole Northeast, really) to do anything like this and only one of a handful in the whole country, or even the world. The frames I offer are black carboard pre-cut mats. The software I'm using is Alias Sketchbook Pro. The PC is just a very expensive tool. I'm still doing the drawings by hand by any reasonable standard. If you prefer something more nostalgic enough to pay extra, I can draw with fast-drying permanent ink felt-tip markers on 11"x14" ledger bond paper.
My tablet PC is a special kind of laptop that allows me to draw, write & do all my computer work directly on the monitor screen with the special tablet stylus pen. When I use the tablet PC instead of markers, it produces results that are in many ways much better. For those reasons plus the fact that I'm tired of working with markers after 17 years, I bought my tablet PC and for customers who prefer marker drawings for some reason, I will charge extra. The PC is only a very expensive tool. The tablet PC also allows me to offer you some other very nice extras I can't deliver any other way: People often ask for extra dawings, especially if they are posing with friends or relatives from outside their household. If I'm working with markers, I usualy have to tell them there isn't enought time to draw anyone twice. With my tablet PC, I can just tell the printer to spit out another copy and I only charge $2.oo (black & white) or $3.oo (color) for extra copies, paid either by the host or the guest, as the host wishes. I can also provide a CD-Rom containing all the drawings from the entire party to the host, guest of honor or anyone else for $50.oo per disk. The software I'm using is Alias Sketchbook Pro.
I can also connect a TV, video equipment or my projector to my tablet pc so the drawings I do are projected live, stroke by stroke, on a big screen or wall. If no such screen or blank wall is available, I can bring an easel & canvas to project on. This practice makes what I do a real spectacle & illicits the most impressive response from people.

2 comments:

DaleGladstone.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DaleGladstone.com said...

If you're having trouble finding my website or wish to print out some info about my party caricature work, please visit the links below:

http://www.dalegladstone.com/caricatures-new-york-dale-gladstone-brochure.pdf

http://blogs.ebay.com/pmgladstone

-Dale
917 443-8787
www.DaleGladstone.com/CARICATURES